This program will provide you with a comprehensive update of important developments related to the Americans with Disabilities Act. The program will cover case law, administrative, and practical developments related to reasonable accommodation of disabilities in the workplace. The panel will also discuss developments related to permissible job qualification standards, determining essential job functions, and judging the workplace performance of employees subject to the ADA. This program will provide you with a wide-ranging and practical review of important ADA developments.
Handout Materials will be emailed to you prior to the seminar
1.0 MCLE Credit Hours
• Important developments under the Americans with Disabilities Act
• Reasonable accommodation – emphasis on interactive process, leave, telework, and reassignment
• Developments in job qualification standards
• Indefinite leave and discharge for submitting vague medical notes related to leave
• Determining essential job functions
• Job performance and workplace conduct issues
• EEOC wellness program regulations under the ADA and GINA
Christopher Kuczynski – United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Washington, D.C.
Leslie Abbott, Paul Hastings, LLP – Los Angeles